Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Robert Jr. Lockwood & Johnny Shines - "Hangin' On - 1980


I don't know what's weirder, that this record won a Handy award in 1980 for "Best Traditional Blues Record" (it's not really "traditional blues" at all) or that, given that honor, Rounder let it go out of print. I had a cassette copy of this in the 80s that got lost somehow. Recently, I found this copy of it online, which I believe was recorded from an LP. Sound quality is a little sizzly, but not enough to make it painful.

1. Big John
2. Hangin' On
3. Full Grown Woman
4. Razzmadazz
5. We're Gonna Ball Tonight
6. Early in the Morning
7. Here It Is, Brother
8. Mean Mistreater
9. Goin' to England
10. I Gotta Find My Baby
11. Just the Blues
12. Lonesome Whistle

http://rapidshare.com/files/281041911/Robert_Lockwood_Jr.___Johnny_Shines_-_Hangin__On.zip

1 comment:

  1. Robert Jr. Lockwood & Johnny Shines - "Hangin' On - 1980

    what Sensational sound have this lp rip.. seems a CD!!. I already had some tracks on ''Just the Blues'' cd complation by Robert Jr. Lockwood, but missing the tracks with Johnny Shines on front.

    Thanks again!.

    ReplyDelete