Sunday, October 11, 2009

Various Artists - "The World Of Blues Power - Vol 1" - 1969


For those who dug the previous post, which contained volume two of this series, we've now got volume one. This comes courtesy of boogiewoody, who ripped it from his very own vinyl. (Check out his awesome blog, Bebop Wino Done Gone, by the way.) Enjoy!

1. All Your Love - John Mayall's Bluesbreakers With Eric Clapton
2. Spoonful - Ten Years After
3. Taste And Try, Before You Buy - Savoy Brown
4. Greeny - John Mayall's Bluesbreakers With Peter Green
5. Barrelhouse Woman - Champion Jack Dupree With Mickey "Guitar" Baker
6. All My Life - John Mayall's Bluesbreakers With Paul Butterfield
7. Blue Coat Man - Eddie Boyd
8. Out Of Reach - John Mayall's Bluesbreakers With Peter Green
9. I Feel Like A Millionaire - Champion Jack Dupree With Mickey "Guitar" Baker
10. Someday People - Savoy Brown
11. Feel It For Me - Ten Years After
12. Steppin' Out - John Mayall's Bluesbreakers With Eric Clapton

http://rapidshare.com/files/291470223/The_World_Of_Blues_Power.rar

7 comments:

  1. Just came across this. What a brilliant post! One of those albums I and all my friends had - jeez, are we really talking 40 years ago?! Thanks VERY much, you just made my day. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to thank you very, very much for this smashing post for which I`d been looking since years after loosing the original Vinyl somewhere between space and time.
    Just wonderful, you made my day/month/year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought both albums when they were released 40 years ago. Then, 25 years ago I was so impressed by a young blues player, I gave him both albums as long as he did a cover of one Savoy Brown song at his next gig. I finally caught up with him tonight (17/7/2011)at a blues gig and asked for my song. We are both a lot older and he has become an excellent bluesman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yup I'm one of those old farts too- who bought this back in 1971...I have searched and searched for a lossless version
    of this, but I'm out of luck. So thank you very much for your copy!
    As your friend ripped it from his Vinyl, it would be great if you told him to rip anything else he has in lossless format eg. flac. ( perhaps it's 'out of reach' and in 'spoonfuls')
    cheers and thanks again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2794106/508428/
      Find this album here. Tracks taken from various CDs to replicate album. I have the album on vinyl(twice)but they are too worn out to copy and post.

      Delete
  5. wow, never seen that vol.I - i just knew of the vol.II from back in the early 70s. // so many memories come up

    You made my day!

    may your day be sunny : HerrÄrmel

    btw.: I also look for this BluesNews Compilation from back in 1969 - has anyone an idea?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first Album I ever bought, looking through the tracks made me come over all misty eyed, was it really so long ago? I was so lucky that this album was brought to my attention. At the time I really enjoyed the music, but didn't appreciate that I was listening to masters of their craft.
    I have matured a little since then, I have many lifelong friends here on Teesside, all down to a good early Blues Power education.

    ReplyDelete